What are Herkimer Diamonds?
Herkimer Diamonds are only called Diamonds because they look like that. But they are not truly Diamonds, in fact they are crystals. These Double terminated quartz crystals are only found in the United States, at Herkimer County, New York. Also known as Middleville Diamond and Little falls Diamond, they are rarely referred to that way.
There might be double terminated quartz found all over the world, but only those found in New York are given this name.
How can you buy Herkimer Diamonds?
- Herkimer Diamonds like other Gemstones and Diamonds are sold in stores and online.
- While you can identify a real Herkimer diamond in person, it is not easy to determine one online.
- The best thing to do is order from a legitimate Gemstone and Diamond website. One like GemsDiamondsByShikha .
- Make sure whichever site you order from, offers returns and exchanges and is willing to provide you with certificates of Authenticity- Certifying that the gem or diamond is REAL.
- Herkimer Diamonds are more affordable because of –
- Low Demand
- They are Quartz, Quartz are generally more affordable.
- Lower rating on the Mohs scale.
- Sites offer them wholesale or singles, and sometimes even custom orders.
Why are Herkimer Diamonds considered to be powerful?
Considered to be a very powerful crystal, it is said to elevate your astral presence. Such a claim is not attributed to any other gemstone. Although there are gemstone that contribute to healing and send out positive energy and others that deplete negative presence, the Double terminated quartz of Herkimer diamonds can hit two frogs with one stone. The double points of the crystals is said to be crucial to this kind of power.
Some individuals use them to –
- Cleanse and reenergize other spiritual gemstones
- Give and receive energy
- Enhances clairvoyant abilities
- Pairs well with other stones and boosts their properties
- Note-Clearer crystals equal better vibrations, darkened inclusions hamper them.
All you need to know about Herkimer Diamonds-
- Double Terminated Quartz
- Marketed named as Diamonds, but actually quartz
- Rating at 7.5 on the Mohs Scale
- Found only in Herkimer County, New York.
- Have a total of 18 facets across the upper, middle and lower sections of each stone.
- Quite Affordable in comparison to real diamonds.
- Used in spirituality.
- Powerful High Vibration Crystals
- Said to enhance Psychic abilities
- Help connect the astral plane to the physical plane
- Not all of them are clear stones, they have two types of inclusions. Water inclusions, said to help with emotional healing, and dark hardened inclusions like black anthraxolite.
- The double terminated points make it easier to send and receive energy
Herkimer Diamond Jewellery?
If you wish to use Herkimer Diamonds in jewelry, the best way to use it is in its unique structured form, non-faceted, raw rough Herkimer diamond form, simply cut down to a smaller size. While Herkimer Diamond jewellery online is quite unique, it loses its uniqueness when used as brilliant cut diamond or otherwise.
For an engagement ring, a prong setting should do, with a gold band, or slice the bottom to create a flat base, with a more secure bezel setting. But leaving the top non faceted.
The best way to use Herkimer Diamond as a pendant is with wire wrapping.
If you are looking to buy fine quality Herkimer Diamonds for sale online, then you have come to the right place. Log onto our site to discover a vast range of fine quality diamonds and gemstones. We offer Herkimer diamonds wholesale online as well as custom orders, so feel free to contact us anytime!